Our Virgin Islands itineraries are 7-day or 10-day trips, all departing from Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas.
If you are arriving well before boarding time you are welcome to drop your luggage off on board with a crew member and explore St. Thomas until it is time to board. Please do not plan to board the boat before boarding time.
- 7-day trips depart on Saturday afternoon with boarding at noon. Juliet returns to St. Thomas on Friday morning
- 10-day trips depart on Saturday afternoon with boarding starting at noon and return to St. Thomas on the following Monday morning.
All trips disembark at 9am on their day or return. Flights departing after 11AM are usually ok.
A port tax of $80 will be due in cash upon boarding Juliet for all Virgin Islands itineraries.
Air Travel to St. Thomas
Airlines that fly into St. Thomas Cyril E. King (STT):
If you are flying in the day of departure (Saturday) please be sure to include your airline and flight information on your passenger information form so that we know when you will be arriving. If you are arriving well after boarding time for your flight, let the office know – don’t worry, we won’t leave without you!
Often we have found that flight schedules get in later than our planned departure time, or to avoid problems with baggage many passengers prefer to stay overnight the night before St. Thomas trips. See Hotel Recommendations below.
On your day of return, disembarkation is at 9am. To allow for ample no-fly-time we recommend booking flights that depart after noon to avoid having to cut your diving short on the day before return (we will typically offer dives up until 4pm). Current DAN recommendations for no-fly-time are 18-24 hours after multi-day, multi-dive profiles. Always follow your computer’s recommendation and know your personal limitations.
If your flight or check-in time is not until later in the afternoon, you are welcome to leave your luggage on board Juliet while you explore Charlotte Amalie until your time of departure.
Getting to Juliet in St. Thomas
The boat is located on Veterans Drive by the Ferry Terminal in Charlotte Amalie.
By Taxi from St. Thomas Cyril E. King International Airport (STT), instruct the driver to take you to the St. John’s ferry on Veterans Drive across from the Windward Passage Hotel.
Island View Guest House, St. Thomas (from $175)
Scott Free Road, Charlotte Amalie
(Taxi: $6-8 pp + $2 per bag from airport, $7-9 + $2 per bag to Juliet dock)
Sunset Gardens (from $120)
Crown Mountain Road
(Taxi: $7-8 pp + $2 per bag from airport, $7-8 pp + $2 per bag to Juliet dock)
For additional info on taxi rates, see the subsidized rates on this page: http://www.vinow.com/stthomas/getting_around_stt/taxi_stt/
About the Virgin Islands
- While US residents do not need a passport to travel to St. Thomas, you must have a valid passport for travel into the British Virgin Islands which we will travel to during our voyage. Please have a valid passport with you for St. Thomas itineraries.
- The Virgin Islands widely accept the US dollar, most major credit cards (Visa, MC, AmEx), and travelers checks.
- Power is standard 120/240V, 50Hz, all US power accepted.
- Drivers drive on the left on the roads, though lots of the cars are the American left-side drive.
- Your cell phone will most likely work, check with your provider before using your phone to avoid unexpected charges.