Our St Croix Islands itineraries are 7-day, all departing from Fredricksted, St. Croix
If you are arriving well before boarding time you are welcome to drop your luggage off on board with a crew member and explore Fredricksted until it is time to board. Please do not plan to board the boat before boarding time.
- 7-day trips depart on Friday afternoon with boarding beginning at noon. The boat does not depart the dock until Saturday morning so arrivals at any time on Friday are fine. If you would like to stay over night, please see our recommended list of Hotels below.
- Juliet returns to St. Croix on Thursday morning
All trips disembark at 9am on their day of return. Flights departing after 11AM are usually ok.
Air Travel to St. Croix
Airlines that fly into St. Croix Henry E. Rohlsen Airport (STX):
If you cannot find flights directly into St. Croix, look into San Juan or St. Thomas and then catch one of these local airlines the fly into St. Croix 3-5 times per day.
Email kat -at- sailjuliet -dot- com if you need any advice or assistance with flight info.
If you are flying in the day of departure (Friday) please be sure to include your airline and flight information on your passenger information form so that we know when you will be arriving. If you are arriving well after boarding time, don’t worry. We plan to stay at the Fredricksted Pier and dive throughout the afternoon and evening so even a flight arriving later in the day is ok. If you would like to plan to fly in the day before, please note that St. Croix is not a huge tourist destination and as such hotels are hard to come by and book up years in advance! Please plan ahead.
On your day of return, disembarkation is at 9am. To allow for ample no-fly-time we recommend booking flights that depart after noon to avoid having to cut your diving short on the day before return. Current DAN recommendations for no-fly-time are 18-24 hours after multi-day, multi-dive profiles. Always follow your computer’s recommendation and know your personal limitations.
If your flight or check-in time is not until later in the afternoon, you are welcome to leave your luggage on board Juliet while you explore St. Croix until your time of departure. We can help arrange for tour vans and transportation.
Getting to Juliet in St. Croix
The boat is located at the Fredricksted Pier near downtown Fredricksted. Just ask any taxi driver to take you to the cruise ship pier.
For additional info on taxi rates, see the subsidized rates on this page: St. Croix Taxis & Rates
The following hotels in Frederiksted are open and accepting reservations as of Jan 1 2018.
- Inn on Strand (formerly Frederiksted Hotel) 340-772-0500
- Sand Castle on the Beach 340-772-1205
- Cottages by the Sea 800-323-7252
About the Virgin Islands
- While US residents do not need a passport to travel to St. Croix, it is recommended that if you have one you should travel with it.
- The Virgin Islands widely accept the US dollar, most major credit cards (Visa, MC, AmEx), and travelers checks.
- Power is standard 120/240V, 50Hz, all US power accepted.
- Drivers drive on the left on the roads, though lots of the cars are the American left-side drive.
- Your cell phone will most likely work, check with your provider before using your phone to avoid unexpected charges.